The erosion caused in the inner lining of the stomach and intestinal tract has been given the name of 'peptic ulcer'. While the ulcer in stomach is known as gastric ulcer, the one in intestinal tract, or duodenum, is called duodenal ulcer. When gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer are clubbed together, they are known as peptic ulcer. The main causes of peptic ulcers are hyperacidity, excessive intake of alcohol, overeating, high intake of spicy foods, food poisoning, high intake of coffee, smoking and presence of helicobacter pylori. The symptoms of peptic ulcer include sharp and severe pain, along with discomfort, in the upper part of the abdomen. When a peptic ulcer develops, the stomach swells due to excessive flatulence, mental tension, insomnia and gradual weakening of the body. Peptic ulcer, however, can be treated at home using some natural remedies. Given below are some home remedies to cure peptic ulcer.
Home Remedy For Peptic Ulcer
Home Remedy For Peptic Ulcer
- The most effective home remedy for treating peptic ulcer is to eat bananas everyday. It is an excellent way to neutralize the hyperacidity of the gastric juices. Banana milk shake is also beneficial in curing peptic ulcer.
- Having cold milk, without sugar, is effective in reducing the acid, thereby providing relief from burning sensation one encounters in peptic ulcer.
- Prepare a paste of 10 grams drumsticks leaves and water. Mix this paste in half a cup of yoghurt. Have this mixture everyday, to cure peptic ulcer.
- In 250 ml of water, soak 15 grams leaves of wood apple and keep it overnight. Strain this concoction in the morning and have it.
- Applying a hot pack over the abdomen region is one of the effective ways of curing peptic ulcer.
- Cabbage and carrot, when mixed as juices, have been found to be beneficial in treating peptic ulcer. In half a liter of water, boil 250 grams cabbage until it is reduced to half. In a similar way, prepare carrot juice. Now, combine 125 ml of each juice. Once cool, drink it two times in a day.
- Tea made from fenugreek seeds is effective in curing peptic ulcer. When coated with water, fenugreek seeds become slightly mucilaginous, which helps in treating the ulcer.
- Combining carrot juice with spinach (or beet) and cucumber is effective in treating peptic ulcer. You can either mix 300ml carrot juice and 200 ml spinach juice or combine 300 ml carrot juice and 100 ml each of beet and cucumber juice, to make 500 ml of juice. Consume this daily.
- Blanch 5 almonds everyday and extract their milk. Drink this milk everyday, as it provides protein and also binds the acid in stomach.
- Drinking raw goat milk is effective in peptic ulcers treatment. For best results, drink this juice three times a day.
- Lime is beneficial in curing peptic ulcer. The citric acid and mineral salts present in it help treat the ulcer. You can either have lime juice or use it in salads.