Hemorrhoids, more popularly known as piles, can be described as a condition where the veins around the anus or lower rectum swell or get inflamed. It is due to this that a person faces difficulty in passing stool. Piles can be dry as well as bleeding. Even dry piles can result in bleeding, if they continue for a long time. There are two types of piles - internal piles, not seen but felt, and external piles, visible around the exterior of the anus region. Increased pressure from the internal or external veins can be one of the reasons of piles. Some other causes include low fiber diet, pregnancy, aging, hereditary factors, chronic constipation and anal intercourse. Piles can be treated using some home remedies as well. Read on to know some natural ways of curing hemorrhoids, or piles, at home.
Home Remedy For Piles
Home Remedy For Piles
- The best way to treat piles at home would be to have a mixture of yoghurt and black mustard. In a bowl of yoghurt, mix some powdered black mustard. While having it, make sure to chew the mustard very carefully. After this, drink a glass of buttermilk.
- In a bowl of water, soak peels of a pomegranate. Place the bowl on flame and let this water boil. Turn off the flame, strain the concoction and let it cool down. Drink this once in the morning and once in the evening.
- Prepare some buttermilk, using cow's milk. Add peppercorns, ginger and rock salt to this. Have this mixture two times a day.
- Put 10 gm black mustard in 150 ml goat's milk. In this, add 5 gm sugar. Drink this mixture in the morning, everyday.
- In a bowl of yoghurt, put a few flowers of tamarind plant and some pomegranate juice. Once you have blended this well, add coriander and ginger pastes to it. Consume this after lunch. It will help pacify the pain.
- Grind some dry slices of yam into a powder. In 160 grams of this powder, add 80 grams white leadwort. Now, add 10 grams black pepper and 500 grams of jaggery. Mix well and make small tablets or capsules of this mixture. Have one piece each in the morning and evening.
- For bleeding piles, keep 1/4 liter goat's milk for curdling overnight. In the morning, add an equal amount of carrot juice and blend it. Drink this mixture. Alternatively, freshly prepared goat's milk yogurt, consumed with freshly chopped carrots, is also beneficial in treating piles.
- Radish is effective in curing piles. Extract the juice of white radish and mix it with honey. Apply this mixture on the affected region. This will prove helpful in treating piles.
- For instant relief, applying coconut oil on the affected region will be your best bet.
- Extract the seeds of ripe mangoes and dry them in the sun. Once dry, grind them into a fine powder. Store this powder in bottles. Consuming 2 gm of this powder, with honey, twice a day will be effective in curing piles.
- Mix ½ tsp each of ginger juice, lime juice and mint leaves juice, in 1 tbsp honey. Have this mixture once a day. It will be helpful in treating piles.
- Take 1 tbsp each of roasted black cumin seeds and cumin seeds (not roasted). Mix this well and add to a glass of cold water. Drink this concoction once every day.
- In a cup of milk, mash a ripe banana. Have this mixture 3 to 4 times in a day, to stop the pain experienced during piles.
- Soak 3 to 4 figs in a glass of water and keep them overnight. Have them early in the morning, on an empty stomach.
- Extract the juice of bitter gourd leaves. Mix 2 tsp of this juice in a glass of buttermilk and have it on an empty stomach, every morning.
- Extract about 150 ml of turnip juice. Consume this juice after combining it with any other vegetable juice, such as spinach, watercress or carrots.