Also known as dyspepsia, indigestion is a problem related to the stomach. It occurs when the digestive juices are not secreted properly as such resulting in uneasiness. Consuming a variety of food stuffs is one of the prime reasons for indigestion. Other causes are overeating, eating hurriedly without chewing properly, lack of exercise, improperly cooked food and also food allergies from beans, onions, seafood, etc. indigestion leads to pain in belly, nausea, bloating of stomach, uncontrolled burping, heartburn, flatulence and acid regurgitation. While indigestion occurs to men and women, its occurrence is more in females when compared to males. However, it is not a very serious problem and can be cured retreating to some home remedies. Learn to know how to cure indigestion naturally.
Home Remedy For Indigestion
Home Remedy For Indigestion
- A useful home remedy for treating indigestion would be to have half glass of pineapple juice after meals.
- In a glass of lukewarm water, add a spoonful of juice of lemon, one spoonful of ginger and two spoons of honey. Mix it well and drink. An effective remedy to cure indigestion.
- In a cup of hot water, mix a tablespoon of lemon juice. Have this mixture before meals. It would prevent any indigestion.
- It is recommended to apply some ice cubes over the stomach after meals. This would cure indigestion.
- Take equal parts of baking soda and water in a glass. Have this mixture. It would provide instant relief from indigestion.
- Add a tsp of cumin seeds in a glass of water. Drink this mixture.
- Consume a gram or two of the pulp of the belleric myrobalan fruit. This would ease and provide relief from indigestion.
- In a tsp of fresh coriander leaf juice, add a pinch of salt. Drink this two times a day.
- Alternatively, 1 or 2 tsp of coriander juice added to freshly prepared buttermilk is also effective in treating indigestion
- Eating half a tsp of aniseed is likely to be effective in treating indigestion.
- Take a tsp of ajwain and add a pinch of rocksalt to it. have this mixture for curing indigestion.
- Another effective remedy would be to chew a small piece of ginger sprinkled with salt for 5 to 10 minutes before meals.
- Intake a tablespoon of cinnamon water after one hour of having meals proves helpful in treating digestion problem.
- Consume 1 cup of ginger tea after food to solve the problem of indigestion.
- Having oranges and grapes would serve beneficially in curing indigestion.
- Add 2 to 3 drops of mint essence in a glass of water. have this concoction every 3 to 4 hours to get relieved from indigestion.
- Take half a cup of Soya oil and add 2 to 3 drops of garlic oil. Massaging the stomach with this mixture is likely to bring relief from digestion problems.
- Prepare herbal tea using blackberry, raspberry, mint and chamomile. This would be useful in curing indigestion.
- Add a few drops of lemon or cider vinegar in a glass of water. drink this mixture before meals.
- Consume a mixture of 1 tsp each of mint juice, lemon juice, and honey. This is effective in treating indigestion.