Gingivitis or bleeding gums is an inflammation caused in the mouth. It affects the tissues surrounding teeth and gums. A periodontal disease, gingivitis may turn into serious tooth problems, if not treated on time. It can also lead to the destruction of bone and tooth loss. Gingivitis is caused due to plaque, bacteria and food particles accumulation between the gums and the teeth. Though this might look a menial affair, the accumulation emits toxic elements. These elements, in turn, cause the inflammation of the gums. Some of the symptoms of gingivitis are painful gums, bleeding while brushing, red gums, swollen gums, tender gums, bad breath and bad taste in mouth. However, gingivitis can be treated at home following some natural remedies. Learn some home remedies for curing gingivitis.
Home Remedy For Gingivitis
Home Remedy For Gingivitis
- The best home remedy to cure gingivitis would be to brush twice regularly. Use herbal toothpaste and herbal mouthwash.
- One of the most effective natural remedies to cure gingivitis is to rub the gums with clove oil. There may be burning sensation but it would heal the ailment. Another method would be to chew a piece of clove in the mouth.
- Toothpaste containing mint, babool, neem, holy basil would be the best deal to fight gingivitis. Not only do they avoid the spreading of the infection, but also reduce the swelling or inflammation.
- Gargling also helps treat gingivitis. Take a glass of lukewarm water and add a pinch of salt to it. Gargle with this concoction, twice a day.
- Gargling with triphala concoction is beneficial in curing gingivitis. In a glass of lukewarm water, add a tsp of triphala powder. Gargle with this combination.
- Aloe vera proves helpful in treating gingivitis. Rub the aloe vera pulp in the mouth. After rubbing once, gargle with water. Repeat the process a few times.
- Combine 2 tsp of white oak bark herbal powder, 1 tsp of myrrh herbal powder, ¾ tsp of peppermint leaves' powder, 1/8 tsp of clove powder. Grind this mixture and store it in an air tight container. Have 1 tablespoon of this mixture every morning and night. Rub this in the affected area of the mouth.
- Make a mixture of baking soda and water. Dab the affected area with a finger and then brush with the herbal powder. Not only would it heal but also neutralize the acidity of bacteria.
- Take equal amounts of 3% solution of Hydrogen Peroxide and water. Gargle with this combination but make sure that it is not consumed.
- Increase in the consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables. Include foods rich in fiber and vitamin C and those that have low saturated fats.
- Cranberry juice proves worthwhile in treating gingivitis. Intake cranberry juice but make sure that it does not have sugar.
- It is advisable for a person to use mouthwash that contains sage oil, peppermint oil, menthol, chamomile tincture, etc. Toothpaste containing sage oil, peppermint oil would be effective in treating gingivitis.